Resources for Job Seekers and Employers Impacted by the COVID-19 Virus
Missouri Job Center Offices
The Missouri Job Center offices in Springfield and Branson have reopened to the public by appointment only through mid-March. To schedule an appointment in Springfield, call 418-887-4343 or in Branson, 417-334-4156. In Springfield our main office is located at 2900 E. Sunshine along with our new Job Center North affiliate office located at The Fairbanks, 1126 N. Broadway. In addition, our Branson office, located at 2720 Shepherd of the Hills Expressway, serves the residents of Taney, Stone and surrounding counties.
For employment opportunities in the Ozark Region and information on apprenticeships throughout the state, visit MoJobs.
Missouri Department of Labor
File for unemployment for individuals and businesses through the Missouri Department of Labor. (Businesses can file unemployment for groups of employees they are having to lay off due to COVID-19.)
Communication Service for the Deaf
COVID-19 Re-Opening Policy for Springfield Missouri Job Center
Information for Employers
If you have an employee who has tested positive-
- You will be notified by the Springfield-Greene County Health Department that you have an
employee who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- That employee will be required to be quarantined until released by the Health Department.
- The Health Department will work with the employer to develop a list of other employees who may
have had contact with the employee who tested positive.
- Any employee that met criteria for potential contact must quarantine at home for 14 days and will be
contacted by the Health Department with more information.
If you have an employee who is a contact of a positive COVID-19 case-
- Any employee that met criteria for potential contact must quarantine at home for 14 days and may
not return to work until notified by the Health Department.
If you have an employee who is a close contact of a person under a precautionary quarantine (as
- This employee is allowed to work with no restrictions.
- If the person under precautionary quarantine becomes symptomatic, this employee will be
contacted by the Health Department with further instructions.
The Missouri Job Center is hosting a Drive Thru Job Fair on Wednesday, March 10, from 11 am—1 pm in the parking lot of the Branson Missouri Job Center, 2720 Shepherd of the Hills Expressway. Read on...
The Missouri Job Center will release the results of its annual Momentum State of the Workforce survey today, February 24, at 11 am. The virtual presentation will be available to view on the Job Center’s Facebook page and the city’s website. Read on...
The Missouri Job Center is pleased to partner with Amazon in hosting a two-day hiring event on February 23-24 at the Missouri Job Center located at 2900 E. Sunshine. Job seekers MUST fill out an application and make an appointment prior to the interview. Read on...