City Manager's Office
Jason Gage became Springfield’s 13th City Manager on Aug. 1, 2018.
“Jason emerged from a very strong pool of candidates,” said Mayor Ken McClure. “He was the best fit for Springfield with his experience in public safety and economic development, which are two of City Council’s main priorities. In addition, he has experience working in a community that has a strong educational background, Stillwater, Oklahoma. Like Springfield, there is a strong town-gown relationship there. We are pleased to welcome him to our community.”
Duties of the City Manager include
- appointment and, when needed, removal of employees either directly or through department heads
- preparation of the annual budget for approval by City Council
- administration of the approved annual budget
- regular reports to City Council about finances and administrative activities, as well as ongoing advice to Council about the City's present and future financial status or needs
- attendance at all City Council meetings and many of its committee meetings enforcement of all laws, ordinances, contracts, etc.