Hazelwood Web BAnner_updated
  • Originally 80 acres when acquired in 1867, 13 acres at the corner of Glenstone Avenue and Seminole Street east of Center Drive were transferred shortly after to establish the National Cemetery. Two acres were also transferred from the northwest corner to the Temple of Israel to create the current Jewish Cemetery.  
  • In the 1980’s, five acres along Seminole Street were transferred to expand the National Cemetery west of Center Drive.  
  • At its present 60 acres, Hazelwood Cemetery remains one of the largest city-operated cemeteries in the State with over 44,000 grave spaces.
  • Three complete cleanups of the grounds are scheduled for the 2nd week of March, June, and September