Community Room Rental
As a service to the community, rooms are available at Fire Stations 1, 8 and 12 that can be used by neighborhood groups for special events. The room is a service to the citizens and is available through the cooperation of all parties involved. Use of the room is restricted to not-for-profit activities only. The cost of a community room rental is $65. Reserve a community room and proceed to secure checkout.
- All community rooms are handicapped accessible.
- No internet access is available in any of the community rooms.
- The occupancy in all community rooms is limited to 50.
- View individual community room specifications
All reservations are limited to a maximum of eight (8) hours in length. Community Room are available for use between the hours of 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM. Reservations must be made online or in person at Springfield Fire Department Headquarters at the Springfield Police & Fire Training Center 2620 W Battlefield, Springfield, MO, 65807. Office hours are 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM Monday through Friday, excluding City observed holidays. When making your reservation you will need the following:
- Type of event
- Event date, time, and duration of the reservation
- Contact name, address, phone number and email address.
Station tours ARE NOT part of this reservation, but are available upon request, with at least a TEN (10) DAY advance notice. Tours are available daily from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM and 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM. Tours are not available on Sundays.
The Community Room rental fee of $65 must be paid in advance before a reservation can be confirmed, with exception for City, County, State or Federal government entities located within the city limits Springfield and who have the ability to levy taxes. The rental fee may be paid online using Visa, Mastercard or Discover. Payments by check or cash can be made by visiting Springfield Fire Department Headquarters. Please include the event date and community room being requested/reserved when paying with a personal check. A receipt will be issued for all payments made in person.
Cancellations and changes to a reservation can only be made by calling (417) 874-2306 or in person at the address listed above, and must be received at least 24 hours in advance in order to receive a full refund. Payments made via credit card will be refunded to the original form of payment. Payments made via cash, check or money order will be refunded via a check issued by the City of Springfield, which can take up to 30 days to process.
Receipt of your payment acknowledges your agreement and acceptance of all the rules contained within the rental agreement.
The community room is to be left clean and restored to the original set-up upon your departure or additional fees may be assessed. Consecutive or reoccurring bookings are not allowed. Priority for use of community rooms will be given to support the needs of the Fire Department. No organization may use a community room more than two (2) times in a 60-day period. Community rooms may not be reserved for a duration of more than eight (8) hours, unless approved by the Fire Chief.
Day of Rental Information
The doors to your community room should be unlocked prior to the start of your reservation. However, circumstances could arise resulting in our Firefighters being away from the Fire Station. Should this occur, please contact the Springfield Greene County 9-1-1 Emergency Communications Department at (417) 862-7911 for a Battalion Chief to be notified and assist you with access to the community room.
The community room will be clean prior to your arrival. Waste cans are provided for all trash. Before leaving the facility, please empty the waste cans in the dumpster located behind the Fire Station. A dust mop and broom are provided in the closet for your use in sweeping the floors. All tables should be wiped down with disinfecting wipes and restored to their original set-up. Cloths for additional cleaning are located under the counter and may be hung in the restroom to dry after use. The user must provide all food service equipment and supplies such as plates, napkins, silverware, etc. Use of open flame cooking equipment, such as a barbeque grill, are prohibited. Sterno, or wick chafing dish fuel, is permitted for its intended use.
Once you have completed your activities and the room has been restored to its original state you may leave without notifying the Firefighters. They will have a schedule and will know when to lock the building.
Rules for Use
All rules are subject to change without notice.
- Community room use hours are 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- No reservation can exceed eight (8) hours in length.
- No consumption of alcoholic beverages is allowed on fire department property.
- Tobacco use is allowed outside and in designated areas only.
- No sales of any type or exchange of funds are permitted in the Community Room.
- The use of open flames, including candles, is prohibited in all community rooms.
- The use of silly string is prohibited in all community rooms.
- The user will pay for any damage to the facility and/or its belongings within fifteen days.
- No pets are allowed, with the exception of those used for personal assistance (i.e. seeing-eye dogs).
- We reserve the right to limit activities that might interfere with normal fire station activities.
- There will be no disc jockeys or loud music allowed. If there is going to be singing or any other type of low-volume music, you will only be allowed to use Fire Station 1 or 8 because of the location of the bedrooms in relation to the Community Rooms.
- As the community room is the property of the City of Springfield, to avoid the appearance of any suggestion of improper partisanship, endorsement or partiality in the use of the premises, political activities on the premises, other than the use of the room as a duly sanctioned election polling place in a municipal, county, state or federal election, are prohibited.
Improper political activities shall include, but not be limited to:
- Speeches, rallies or other gatherings in connection with the promotion of a candidate for any public office, or in connection with a legislative or election issue;
- Political party or committee or other organizational meetings of any kind;
- Activities of any kind in connection with any petition for the calling of an election or for presentation to a governing political body or official;
- Political fundraising activities;
- Any meetings or other activities intended to promote the candidacy of a person for any public office or for the promotion of any legislative or election issue;
- Any activities intended to register persons to vote or increase voter turnout.
We are proud to be of service to our community, and hope you find our rooms a nice place for your meetings or parties.
The renting responsible party agrees to be responsible for and reimburse to the City of Springfield Fire Department any costs associated with any repairs to, or replacement of, any property or equipment damaged, stolen or lost caused by any member of the renting party, except for normal wear and tear as deemed appropriate by the Springfield Fire Department.