Whether you're a longtime business owner or an aspiring entrepreneur, we can offer you support, resources and financing to maximize your company's potential.
The Economic Vitality Department provides development assistance and incentives, and serves as project facilitators for major economic development projects to ensure timely approval of plans and permits.
The City of Springfield is committed to:
- Creating and retaining quality jobs
- Improving the quality of life for all citizens
- Increasing private investment in the community
- Increasing the property tax and sales tax base
- Providing and maintaining public infrastructure
- Removing blight from the community.
Regional Economic Partnership
The City works in partnership with the Springfield Area Chamber of Commerce, Springfield Business Development Corporation, City Utilities, and Greene County to assist business development and to implement the economic development goals outlined in the City of Springfield Economic Development Plan and the Springfield Business Development Corporation Strategic Action Plan.
The partnership has developed two industrial parks: