Springfield, Mo. – On Sunday, Aug. 27, at 1:23 am., officers with the Springfield Police Department patrolling downtown responded to a disturbance in the 300 block of S. Patton Avenue.
As officers arrived, they encountered hundreds of patrons leaving ZAN, a local club, and observed two subjects, Floyd Humphrey III, 27, and Fradreico Walton, 27, in an argument. Humphrey displayed a firearm and was disarmed by officers. Both subjects were subsequently arrested.
As officers were diffusing the argument, people in the crowd began throwing glass bottles at them. Anthony Humphrey, 31 and Dylan Dixon, 19, were arrested after a brief struggle.
Officers from surrounding departments responded to the scene to assist as additional fights broke out in the area. During the incident a suspect broke a window on a police vehicle and fled the scene.
An uninvolved citizen had a medical emergency in a nearby parking lot and officers began to clear the lot so emergency personnel could safely respond. Maliyah Wells, 21; Sho Talley, 25; and Shayla McShane, 21, refused to leave and were arrested for trespassing. Matthew Price, 30, began dancing on the hood of a patrol car and was taken into custody by deputies from the Greene County Sheriff’s Office.
Below is a summary of those arrested, and the corresponding charges:
- Dylan Dixon, 19 - resisting arrest and obstructing a city officer.
- Floyd Humphrey III, 27 - unlawful use of a weapon.
- Anthony Humphrey, 31 - resisting arrest, obstructing a city officer, and trespassing.
- Shayla McShane, 21 – trespassing.
- Matthew Price, 30 - refusing to disperse and resisting arrest.
- Sho Talley, 25 - obstructing a city officer and trespassing.
- Fradreico Walton, 27 – affray.
- Maliyah Wells, 21 - obstructing a city officer.
Floyd Humphrey III
# # #
Case number: 23-26674
Media Contact: PAO Cris Swaters