Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Eight Springfield citizens have applied for the vacant City Council Zone 2 seat. Justin Burnett resigned earlier this month after moving from Zone 2. The filing deadline was Friday, Sept. 16 at 5 p.m. City Council plans to review the applications and interview candidates at a Special City Council meeting at noon, Sept. 20, at the Springfield-Greene County Public Safety Center, 330 W. Scott St. The appointee will serve until the certification of the April 4, 2017 election. The successful candidate for the Zone 2 seat from the April 4 election will serve the remainder of the unexpired Zone 2 term through April 2019. Applicants include:
• Mike Brothers,currently the director of media relations at Drury University.
• Jennifer Capler,with Reeves Business Consulting.
• Jesse Coulter, a project manager – energy specialists with Cenergistic.
• Michael Hines,retired information technology professional.
• Kenneth Hopper,retired Springfield Public Schools teacher/coach.
• Dr. Thomas Prater,Mattax Neu Prater Eye Center.
• Robert Sweere,private practice attorney.
• David Trippe, retired Nixa High School teacher. Qualifications for a Zone Council seat include:
• Registered voter in the City of Springfield
• Residence in Zone 2 (see map).• Shall have been a resident for two years immediately prior to the appointment and shall have resided in Zone 2 for at least one year prior to appointment.• Current on all taxes.• Cannot be a convicted felon. ### For more information, please contact City Clerk Anita Cotter at 417-864-1651 or [email protected] or Cora Scott at 417-864-1009 or [email protected]