Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE At the Nov. 23 City Council meeting, Mayor Bob Stephens recommended the following:
• Appointments to the Mayor’s Commission for Children: Gerry Lee; Dr. Elizabeth Andrews; Brigitte Marrs; and Linda Ramey Griewe with terms to expire Nov. 29 2018.
• Appointments to the Springfield Convention & Visitors Bureau Inc.: Phillip Burgess; Brad Danzak; and John Acosta, with terms to expire Jan. 1, 2019.
• Appointed Interim Economic Development Director Sarah Kerner and has reappointed Public Works Assistant Director Martin Gugel to the boards of directors of the Convention and Entertainment and the College Station Community Improvement Districts.
• Reappointed Robert Henley to the Convention and Entertainment CID board and Craig Wagoner and Scott Tillman to the College Station CID board. Mayor Stephens also appointed Mary Collette to the Commercial Street CID board.
Council’s Public Involvement Committee recommended the following:
• Reappointment to the Building Trades Examination and Certification Board: Shannon Lee, with term to expire Oct. 1, 2018.
• Appointment to the Citizens Advisory Committee for Community Development: Angela Dowler Pryor, with term to expire May 1, 2018.
• Reappointments to the Springfield-Greene County Environmental Advisory Board: Deborah Good and Randall Willoughby, with terms to expire Oct. 1, 2018.
• Appointment to the Police Officers’ and Firefighters’ Retirement System Board of Trustees: Justin Milam with term to expire April 20, 2016.
• Reappointments to the Public Building Corporation: Raymond Eddings and Derek Fraley, with terms to expire Sept. 2, 2021.
Council approved the following:
• Appointment to the Mayor’s Commission on Human Rights and Community Relations: Dominiece Hoelyfield with term to expire Oct. 1, 2018.
• Appointment to Public Housing Authority: LaBetha McGinnis with term to expire April 11, 2017.
• Tree City USA Citizen Advisory Committee: Matthew Suarez with term to expire Dec. 1, 2016,
Teri Leigh Baird with term to expire Dec. 1, 2017 and Zach Miller (reappointment) with term to expire Dec. 1, 2018.