Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
MEDIA ALERT Mayor Bob Stephens will present keys to the City to six decorated World War II veterans at a pre-Veterans Day Parade ceremony at 9 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 7 at the Springfield Convention & Visitors Bureau, 815 E. St. Louis Street. Receiving keys are:
• Robert Rosendahl, U.S. Army Air Corps Airplane Mechanic Crew Chief, Master Sgt.;
• Jack Hamlin, U.S. Coast Guard Rescue Cutter Boatswain, Boatswain’s Mate 1st Class;
• Dr. Thomas MacDonnell, U.S. Army Infantry Sharpshooter, S/Sgt.;
• E.E. “Gene” Gilbreath, U.S. Army Paratrooper, PFC;
• Ralph Manley, U.S. Army Paratrooper, 1st Sgt.;
• Don Grisham, U.S. Navy Seabees Heavy Equipment Operator, Machinist Mate 3rd Class. The veterans will also serve as parade grand marshals and deputy grand marshals alongside Mayor Stephens. # # # For more information, contact: Cora Scott, Director of Public Information & Civic Engagement, 417-864-1009 (office) | 417-380-3352 (cell), [email protected]