MEDIA ALERT City Council will interview the five applicants for the Zone 1 seat at its Council Lunch meeting at April 21 at the Busch Municipal Building. The interview schedule is:
• 11:50 a.m.-noon: Brent Esch
• Noon-12:10 p.m.: Joseph Hoffman
• 12:10-12:20 p.m.: Eric Wood
• 12:20-12:30 p.m.: Phyllis Ferguson
• 12:30-12:40 p.m.: Brittany Hopp (via video). Each applicant will be asked the following four questions:
1. How would you approach staying engaged and connected with Zone 1 constituents in order to assure their representation on the City Council?
2. Economic development and public safety have been said to go hand in hand. Discuss whether you agree or disagree.
3. What do you consider to be the particular needs of neighborhoods in Zone 1?
4. For several years, bringing jobs to Springfield and helping existing businesses create new jobs has been a priority for City Council. Discuss whether you feel this is still a priority.
### For more information, contact Cora Scott, Director of Public Information & Civic Engagement, at 417-380-3352.