FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Road closures for a planned, permitted special event on Park Central Square are expected to cause significant traffic impacts starting at 2 p.m. until as late as 7 p.m. on Saturday. The Springfield Police Department will be enforcing the road closures and are asking for the public’s cooperation to ensure a safe event.
Park Central Square and its spokes (entrances) will close by 2 p.m.
The following will close by 4:45 p.m.:
- Olive Street between Jefferson Avenue and Campbell Avenue
- McDaniel Street between Jefferson Avenue and Campbell Avenue
- Park Central Square
- South Street from Park Central Square to McDaniel Street
- Park Central West to Patton Avenue
- Park Central East and St. Louis Street to Kimbrough Avenue
- Kimbrough Avenue over the Martin Luther King Jr. Bridge to Chestnut Expressway
- Chestnut Expressway to Boonville Avenue
- Boonville Avenue from Chestnut to Park Central Square.
Once the event concludes by 7 p.m., the roads will reopen. Motorists are encouraged to avoid the area or seek an alternate route around downtown Springfield to reach their destinations between 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. if at all possible.
For more information, please contact Cora Scott, director of Public Information & Civic Engagement at 417-380-3352.