FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Springfield Public Works will reconfigure stop signs at multiple intersections in the Woodland Heights Neighborhood beginning the week of Nov. 30.
The following intersections will be clearly marked to alert drivers to the change:
- Chase Street and Lyon Avenue will become a 4-way stop.
- Chase Street and Broadway Avenue will become a 4-way stop.
- Atlantic Street and Washington Avenue will become a 4-way stop.
- High Street and Campbell Avenue will become a 4-way stop.
- High Street and Robberson Avenue will become a 2-way stop for Robberson Avenue.
Stop sign modifications are being made after a series of traffic studies revealed shifts in traffic patterns over time. The studies were conducted in response to citizen concerns over stop sign running in the neighborhood.
These intersections will be monitored for compliance and follow-up traffic studies will be conducted.
To learn more about when and how stop signs are placed, visit the Neighborhood Traffic Concerns section of the Public Works webpage.
# # # #
For more information, please contact Public Works Traffic Safety Professional Mandy Buettgen-Quinn at 864-1801 or [email protected] or Communication Coordinator Kristen Milam at 573-819-3713 or [email protected].