FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Those wishing to serve on Springfield’s City Council can download informational packets on the City’s website beginning at 8 a.m., Thursday, Oct. 1, 2020. Petitions must be obtained through the City Clerk's office by submitting the Run for City Council form (also available beginning at 8 a.m., Thursday, Oct. 1, 2020) and attending a virtual information session via Zoom with the City Clerk.
Petitions must be turned in to the Office of the City Clerk between Dec. 7, 2020 and Jan. 19, 2021.
If special accommodations are needed, please contact City Clerk Anita Cotter at 417-864-1651.
Five seats will be up for election to be decided April 6, 2021. The first day for filing will be Dec. 7, 2020. Completed petitions must be delivered to the City Clerk’s Office during normal business hours (8 a.m.-5 p.m.) from Dec. 7 through Jan. 19. This process is to be determined.
The following seats are up for election:
- Mayor (Currently served by Ken McClure)
- Zone 1 (Currently served by Phyllis Ferguson)
- Zone 4 (Currently served by Matt Simpson)
- General Seat A (Currently served by Jan Fisk)
- General Seat B (Currently served by Craig Hosmer).
- Must be a registered voter in the City of Springfield
- Must have been a resident of the City of Springfield for at least two years prior to appointment
- Those running for Zone Council seats must have been a resident of the Zone they are running for at least one year immediately prior to appointment
- Must not be disqualified under state law RsMO 115.306.1 (Felony Conviction)
- Must not be disqualified under state law RsMO 115.306.2(I) (Delinquent Taxes)
- Must have completed and filed Missouri Department of Revenue form 5120 per state law RsMO 115.306(2).
# # #
For more information, contact Anita Cotter, City Clerk, at 417-864-1651 or [email protected].