FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Barring contractor delays, the City of Springfield will conduct street resurfacing of the following roadway segments beginning Friday, July 23 through Aug. 6 (weather dependent):
- Belmont Street between Kickapoo Avenue and Fremont Avenue.
- Jefferson Avenue between Chestnut Expressway and Commercial Street.
- Kimbrough Avenue between the Martin Luther King Junior Bridge and Grand Street.
- Campbell Avenue between Mt. Vernon Street and Commercial Street.
- Boonville Avenue between Chestnut Expressway and Commercial Street.
The resurfacing process involves first milling the street to remove old pavement. New asphalt is generally laid within a few days.
The public can expect single-lane closures along these segments with a flagger posted to maintain 2-way traffic around the work site. Periodic full lane closures may be necessary. Between milling and overlay steps, the roadway surface is rough, but drivable. Motorists are advised to use caution when traveling through these work sites.
General contractor, APAC, will complete the project which is funded through the Major Street Resurfacing and Rehabilitation program of the voter-approved ¼-cent Capital Improvement Sales Tax.
For more information, please contact Communication Coordinator Kristen Milam at 573-819-3713 or [email protected].