Cases of COVID-19 in Greene County continue to decline with a 7-day average of 52 cases. This is a 29% decline in the last 7 days. While this decline is encouraging, hospitalizations still remain high with around 70 individuals currently hospitalized in Greene County hospitals as of August 4. High hospitalization rates, among other factors, puts Greene County at a medium level community impact by the Centers for Disease Prevention and Control.
Getting vaccinated against COVID-19 reduces the chance of being hospitalized with severe illness due to COVID-19 complications. In an effort to continue giving opportunities to the community to get vaccinated and be protected against COVID-19, Springfield-Greene County Health will host pop-up vaccination clinics for the week of August 8 – 12.
Individuals who receive a primary (first or second) dose or first booster dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at a Health Department clinic will receive a $50 gift card while supplies last. Second booster doses are available for immunocompromised individuals 12 and up or anyone age 50 and over at least four months after a first booster dose. Gift card incentives are not available for a second booster dose.
The Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines are approved for ages 6 months and up. Springfield-Greene County Health is currently only offering vaccinations for ages 5 and up. The Novavax COVID-19 Vaccine is awaiting state approval as of July 21 and may not be offered at these clinics.
Vaccination appointments are also available Monday-Friday at Westside Public Health Center (660 S. Scenic Ave.) from 1-4:30 p.m. To schedule, visit vaccine417.com or call the COVID-19 Call Center at 417-874-1211.
For more information about high community impact level and recommendations on how to stay safe against COVID-19, visit health.springfieldmo.gov/Coronavirus.
Monday, August 8
- Republic Recreation Center – 711 E. Miller Rd., Republic 65738, from 9:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. Moderna (6+), Pfizer (5+) offered.
- Library Center – 4653 S. Campbell Ave., from 1:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m. Moderna (6+), Pfizer (5+) offered.
Tuesday, August 9
- St. Joseph’s Parish – 1115 N. Campbell Ave., from 8:30 a.m.-10:30 a.m. Moderna (6+), Pfizer (5+) offered.
- Library Station– 2535 N. Kansas Expy., from 1:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m. Moderna (6+), Pfizer (5+) offered.
Wednesday, August 10
- Midtown Carnegie Library – 397 E. Central, from 4:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m. Moderna (6+), Pfizer (5+) offered.
Friday, August 12
- Carver Middle School – 3325 W. Battlefield St., from 4:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m. Moderna (6+), Pfizer (5+) offered. Event for children ages 5-18 only.
Saturday, August 13
- Alamo Drafthouse Cinema– 4005 South Ave., from 9 a.m.-11 a.m. Moderna (6+), Pfizer (5+) offered.
Media may contact the Health Department PIO Team by call or text at 417-380-2556 or email at [email protected].
Springfield-Greene County Health Department
“Helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.”
health.springfieldmo.gov | facebook.com/SGCHD | twitter.com/SGCHD
227 E. Chestnut Expressway