Greene County’s community impact level has remained low since Aug. 11 and cases continue to decline. As of Aug. 18, the 7-day average for COVID-19 cases is 53, which is a 10% decrease in cases.
Despite low case numbers, hospitalizations remain consistent with 47 hospitalized across Greene County as of Aug. 18 in comparison to 48 on Aug. 11. This continues to indicate severe illness remains present in our community.
Getting vaccinated against COVID-19 reduces the chance of being hospitalized with severe illness due to COVID-19 complications. In an effort to continue giving opportunities to the community to get vaccinated and be protected against COVID-19, Springfield-Greene County Health will host pop-up vaccination clinics for the week of August 22– 27.
Individuals who receive a primary (first or second) dose or first booster dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at a Health Department clinic will receive a $50 gift card while supplies last. Second booster doses are available for immunocompromised individuals 12 and up or anyone age 50 and over at least four months after a first booster dose. Gift card incentives are not available for a second booster dose.
The Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines are approved for ages 6 months and up. Springfield-Greene County Health is currently only offering vaccinations for ages 5 and up.
The Novavax COVID-19 Vaccine will be made more readily available in the upcoming weeks. Individuals should visit vaccine417.com or call the COVID-19 call center for all vaccine questions and availability.
For more information about high community impact level and recommendations on how to stay safe against COVID-19, visit health.springfieldmo.gov/Coronavirus.
Monday, August 22
- Willard Community Center – 118 Grand Prairie Dr., Willard, MO, from 9:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. Moderna (6+), Pfizer (5+) offered.
- Library Center – 4653 S. Campbell Ave., from 1:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m. Moderna (6+), Pfizer (5+) offered.
Tuesday, August 23
- People Helping People – 210 N. Pine Ave., Republic, from 9:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. Moderna (6+), Pfizer (5+) offered.
- Library Station – 2535 N. Kansas Expy., from 2:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m. Moderna (6+), Pfizer (5+) offered.
Wednesday, August 24
- Midtown Carnegie Library – 397 E. Central, from 4:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m. Moderna (6+), Pfizer (5+) offered.
Friday, August 26
- City Utilities Transit Center – 211 N. Main, from 9:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. Moderna (6+), Pfizer (5+) offered.
Saturday, August 27
- C-Street Farmer’s Market –321 E. Commercial St., from 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. Moderna (6+), Pfizer (5+) offered.
- History Museum on the Square –157 Park Central Sq., from 2:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m. Moderna (6+), Pfizer (5+) offered.
Media may contact the Health Department PIO Team by call or text at 417-380-2556 or email at [email protected].
Springfield-Greene County Health Department
“Helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.”
health.springfieldmo.gov | facebook.com/SGCHD | twitter.com/SGCHD
227 E. Chestnut Expressway