COVID-19 cases in Greene County continue to decline but hospitalizations remain high with 55 individuals in Greene County hospitals as of Aug. 25. This continues to indicate severe illness is present in our community as we move into the month of September.
Due to the high rate of hospitalizations, currently at 11.1 admissions per 100,000 population, Greene County was raised to a medium community impact level on Aug. 25. The 7-day average for cases is 46 as of Aug. 25.
Getting vaccinated against COVID-19 reduces the chance of being hospitalized with severe illness due to COVID-19 complications. In an effort to continue giving opportunities to the community to get vaccinated and be protected against COVID-19, Springfield-Greene County Health will host pop-up vaccination clinics for the week of Aug. 29 – Sept. 2.
Individuals who receive a primary (first or second) dose or first booster dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at a Health Department clinic will receive a $50 gift card while supplies last. Second booster doses are available for immunocompromised individuals 12 and up or anyone age 50 and over at least four months after a first booster dose. Gift card incentives are not available for a second booster dose.
The Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines are approved for ages 6 months and up. Springfield-Greene County Health is currently only offering vaccinations for ages 5 and up.
The Westside Public Health Center (660 S. Scenic) offers walk-in COVID-19 vaccinations Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. with a one-hour break between 12 p.m. - 1 p.m.
The Novavax COVID-19 Vaccine will be made more readily available in the upcoming weeks. Individuals should visit vaccine417.com or call the COVID-19 call center for all vaccine questions and availability.
For more information about high community impact level and recommendations on how to stay safe against COVID-19, visit health.springfieldmo.gov/Coronavirus.
Monday, August 29
- Library Center – 4653 S. Campbell Ave., from 1:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m. Moderna (6+), Pfizer (5+) offered.
- Library Station – 2535 N. Kansas Expy., from 5:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m. Moderna (6+), Pfizer (5+) offered.
Tuesday, August 30
- Park Central Library – 128 Park Central Sq., from 2:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m. Moderna (6+), Pfizer (5+) offered.
Wednesday, August 31
- Midtown Carnegie Library – 397 E. Central, from 9:30 a.m.-11:00 a.m. Moderna (6+), Pfizer (5+) offered.
- GLO Center – 518 E. Commercial St., from 1:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m. Moderna (6+), Pfizer (5+) offered.
Thursday, September 1
- Fire Department No. 1 – 720 E. Grand, from 12:00 p.m.-2:00 p.m. Moderna (6+), Pfizer (5+) offered.
Media may contact the Health Department PIO Team by call or text at 417-380-2556 or email at [email protected].
Springfield-Greene County Health Department
“Helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.”
health.springfieldmo.gov | facebook.com/SGCHD | twitter.com/SGCHD
227 E. Chestnut Expressway