As the summer begins to wind down, COVID-19 cases continue to decline with it. The current rolling 7-day daily average for COVID-19 cases in Greene County is 43 compared to 58 this time last month.
With fall festivities and flu season on the horizon, getting your COVID-19 vaccine or booster can help you be prepared and prevent severe illness and hospitalization.
To continue providing opportunities for the community to get vaccinated and be protected against COVID-19, Springfield-Greene County Health will host pop-up vaccination clinics for individuals 5 years of age and older during the week of Sept. 12-17.
Beginning the week of Sept. 12, the Health Department will be offering the updated boosters from Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna for those 12 and older who have not been vaccinated in the last two months at its pop-up clinics.
A COVID-19 updated booster event will be held on Sept. 24 at Kickapoo High School, 3710 S. Jefferson Ave., from 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. for those eligible. Appointments are required for this event and can be made at vaccine417.com or by calling the COVID-19 call center at 417-874-1211.
Westside Public Health Center (660 S. Scenic) will be closed the week of Sept. 12-17 and will begin offering updated boosters the week of Sept. 19. To accommodate demand, COVID-19 vaccines and boosters will be by appointment only at Westside Public Health Center through the month of September. To make an appointment, please call 417-874-1211 or visit vaccine417.com.
Individuals who receive a primary (first or second) dose of the COVID-19 vaccine or their first booster shot at a Health Department clinic will receive a $50 gift card while supplies last.
Tuesday, September 13
- Willard Library – 304 E. Jackson St., Willard, from 2:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m. Pfizer (5+) offered.
Thursday, September 15
- Kulture City at Westside Public Health Center – 660 S. Scenic, from 9:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. Moderna (6+), Pfizer (5+) offered.
- Midtown Carnegie Library – 397 E. Central, from 1:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m. Moderna (6+) offered.
Friday, September 16
- Library Center – 4653 S. Campbell Ave., from 1:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m. Moderna (6+)
Saturday, September 17
- Anchor Church – 2216 W. College St., from 9:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. Pfizer (5+) offered.
- Library Station – 2535 N. Kansas Expy., from 1:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m. Pfizer (5+) offered.
Media may contact the Health Department PIO Team by call or text at 417-380-2556 or email at [email protected].
Springfield-Greene County Health Department
“Helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.”
health.springfieldmo.gov | facebook.com/SGCHD | twitter.com/SGCHD
227 E. Chestnut Expressway